An inspection and series of tests to make sure your electrical installation continues to conform to the national safety standard. A periodic inspection will:
- The adequacy of earthing and bonding.
- The suitability of the switch and control gear. For example an old fusebox with a wooden back, cast-iron switches, or a mixture of both will need replacing.
- The serviceability of switches, sockets and light fittings. All of these may need replacing: older round-pin sockets, round light switches to light fittings, black switches and sockets mounted in skirting boards.
- The type of wiring system and its condition. For example cables coated in black rubber were phased out in the 1960s, likewise cables coated in lead or fabric are even older.
- That residual current devices are used for sockets that may be used with outdoor electrical equipment.
- The presence of adequate identification and notices.
- The extent of any wear and tear, damage or other deterioration.
- The changes in use of the premises which have led to, or may lead to, problematic wiring.
Emergency Call Out
We’re available to look after your electrical emergency 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.